A Seminar on Latin and Central America will be held, on the occasion of the launch of the Cluster of Pacific Alliance and Central America, bringing together the Chambers of Commerce of Chile, Colombia, Peru and Central America.
The four chambers of commerce of Chile, Colombia, Peru and Central America are grouped together as “Cluster of Pacific Alliance and Central America”. The cluster covers 11 countries, which, with 270 million people, represent a GNP of more than 3,000 billion US dollar. This group of countries benefits from association treaties with the European Union including free trade agreements.
The Pacific Alliance gives access to nearly 212 million people. It was created with the aim of supporting the growth, development and competitiveness of its member countries. These markets offer many business opportunities to Belgian companies.
Discover the characteristics of South and Central American markets and benefit from advice to increase its presence in these markets with success. It is also the occasion to meet the Chambers of Commerce of the new cluster.
For companies interested in developing business relationships in Latin and Central America
16:30 Welcome and Opening addresses
- Mrs. Cécile Jodogne, Secretary of State for Foreign Trade, Government Bruxelles-Capitale (tbc)
- Marc Decorte, President of BECI (tbc)
- Erwin De Weerdt, President of EURACEN, on behalf of the Cluster and its three other Presidents: Christian Ghymers (Belgo-Chilean Chamber), Daniel Jordan (BeLCol) and Carlos Cabrejos (Belgo Perú)
16:45 What is the Pacific Alliance?
- HEM Sergio Jamarillo Caro, Ambassador of Colombia, President Pro tempore of the Pacific Alliance
- Christian Ghymers, President Belgo-Chilean Chamber
16:30 Presentation of Chile and its economy
- HEM Sr. Raul Fernandez Daza, Ambassador of Chile
- Mrs. Suzana Veliz, Prochile
- Machiels Group: a Belgian case story in Chile in Chile
17:00 Presentation of Central American economies
- HEM Istvan Alfaro Solano, Ambassador of Costa Rica, currently Presiding SIECA
- Matthias Jörgensen, Head of Unit Central America, DG Trade, European Commission
17h:30 Presentation of Colombia and its economy
- Camilo Martínez, Director General of ProColombia France and Benelux, Paris
- Wim Dillen, Regional Development Manager International Relations & Networks, Antwerp Port Authority
18:00 Presentation of Peru and its economy
- HEM Gonzalo Alfonso Gutiérrez Reinel, Ambassador of Peru
- Mrs. Rosario Pajuelo, Director Trade, Embassy of Peru
- Mrs. Lyn Verelst, Director Solid vzw
Question & Answer time
18:30 INAUGURAL NETWORKING RECEPTION & DISCOURSE BY MR. PIETER DE CREM, SECRETARY OF STATE FOR FOREIGN TRADE
BECI Members – CCI Alliance (Colombia – Peru – Chile – Central America): Free
Non members: 50 € excluding VAT
Jean-Philippe Mergen – 02 210 01 77 – email@example.com